Tuesday, February 12, 2013

New Sword and Shield

This isn't game related necessarily but I wanted to share anyway.

Saturday February 9th was the 8 year anniversary for my wife and I. We went up to walk around Hot Springs for awhile, and while walking around my wife found what she wanted to buy me for our anniversary.


Master Sword & Hyrule Shield
Master Sword & Hyrule Shield
8th Anniversary gift from wife

She talked the lady down to $150 for both together (they were originally $100 apiece). Although I'm not sure of the exact weight of the shield, it is actually made of metal and is fairly heavy. The sword is well made also and the hilt and blade are actually connected really well unlock a lot of display swords I've seen. I would have liked if the shield and sword hilt were blue, but it still looks great with the black.

After we got home and picked up our kids from their Grandparents house I wanted to test something with them. We have 3 daughters they are 7, 4, & 2. I showed the older two the sword alone and asked if they could figure out what it was from. Our 4 year old instantly yelled out Zelda, which made me laugh. The older two liked it a lot which means I'm going to have to put the sword up where they can't reach it, and don't know where its at, but the shield I'm going to try to hang on the wall, luckily they both already have mounting supplies with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment