Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Day 5 - D&D 40th Anniversary blog hop challenge!

I guess I should actually write what the question is supposed to be in here before I answer it.


First character to go from 1st level to the highest level possible in a given edition (or what's the highest level character you've ever ran).

Although I've never had a character reach a maximum level I have had a character go beyond level 20. Our DM (my father-in-law) ran a 2 session run with our epic characters but didn't like trying to handle everything the party could do, so it was a short run sadly.

My character to reach a level beyond 20 is also the favorite character I've played. Ganitari was her name and she was a True Neutral Kalashtar Psion (shaper)/Ectopic Adept/Dragon Rider. Sounds silly, but with the Draconomicon book my father-in-law let me get a small Silver Dragon Companion. I like pets and so she was focused on using constructs over other powers, although she still could hurt enemies pretty well with her own powers. By the time we reached the end of the game the Silver Dragon had just barely gotten big enough for my character to ride (hence the Dragon Rider prestige class). By the end of it she could summon two Huge Astral Constructs, along with the Silver Dragon companion, and of course her own powers. She could definitely survive by herself for a while when necessary, which she actually had to a couple of times. Her hit points were low so usually 1-2 big hits would do her in, but luckily massive constructs make very good distractions, so she never got hit hard enough all at once to do her in at least.

By the time we ended our short epic run the party had reached level 25. All in all a fun game, but for my first completely psionic character I thought it was awesome.




No comments:

Post a Comment